Saturday 28 May 2011

Organic food- Taste the Difference

We usually have organic popcorn on a movie night and enjoy it thoroughly. But last week, there wasn't any to be found at the shops, so we got the next best thing 'natural' popcorn. The first occasion to try it was last night, and what a difference between the two.

We have been exclusively eating organic food for many years, and only now and then does something that is not organic, wild harvested or bio get into the house. You tend to forget the subtle and not so subtle differences that food grown without chemicals makes.

The popcorn made last night did not pop as well, we only got about 3/4 of popped corn compared to organic stuff. We ate it, it wasn't horrible, but there were differences in the taste, smell and texture. It just wasn't as good as the organic popcorn that we had been eating.

So, today, I went on a hunt to find some organic popcorn! Perhaps after so many years of eating better our taste buds are fully functional and refuse anything less. I still remember a few years ago after I made a complete switch to all organic (and vegan at the time) when one day I tasted an almond and it was like an explosion of all these subtle flavours that I had never noticed before. I finally understood what wine tasters might experience- notes like music bursting along the tongue as the almond was eaten. 

Recently I came across a video of someone speaking about herbs and how organic and wild harvested are far superior to others, especially if they are being used as medicine and in a healing capacity. So, I am pleased that I only offer and use these myself and it confirmed what I have known all along.

Organic is worth the money, all good food is worth it. Remember it is the vibration or the energy of the food that matters as much as the food itself. Plants that are grown under a rota of chemical sprays do not have the energetic qualities that I am looking for in my food. These chemicals, like medication, lower the vitality and life force or perhaps even destroy it. 

Go as organic as you can, your body will thank you for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment