Wednesday 20 February 2013

Don't Give Up Now - This is Your Destiny

There are days and for some of us - weeks, months and years - where nothing seems to be going in the direction we want it to go. But, yet when we look back at different challenging time frames and periods in our lives - we can see change has taken place.

In essence we are getting there. It's just not in the direct route, as quickly as we had hoped and without all of these learning curves...You know, the ones that always end up teaching us something incredibly important - but are so annoying to move through.

I don't know how many times I have said, thought and contemplated throwing in the towel (and everything else that is not nailed down). Or how many times I have just wanted to quit, walk away from it all (or run screaming into the night) and give up on these seemingly impossible dreams.

To be honest I have even had several people say as much to me. Forget about it, you can't do it all, you can't be it all and (my personal fave) you can't do that. Needless to say - not one of them is a part of my life right now - I would rather walk alone then be in the company of someone who doesn't believe in a dream.

However, one thing I have observed in both myself and many others along the way is how we do tend to give up, just before we turn that long awaited corner. A memory I have is of being down with a flu - after a few days of feeling awful, caving in to the antibiotics - only to feel completely better before they even kick in.

Since I gave up that method of medicine and have spent a few years healing naturally - I am well aware of how it (any illness, bug or situation) will often seem much worse - right at it's turning point. Indeed it is always darkest before the dawn.

I don't think it is human nature to give up on anything - healing, dreams, hopes, plans, people - but it has been programmed into us through some negative force determined to keep us where we no longer want to be. 

The only way I can describe it is - it's like a plane circling and being unable to land. We are in the plane, we are the aircraft and when we give up, walk away, or otherwise cut short our learning experience - we remain in that holding pattern. 

Perhaps it is time to see this through to the end - no matter what that might be. Let it all fall apart, allow your body to have a go at healing and in every way keep walking forward. But don't ever, ever give up - this is your destiny.


No comments:

Post a Comment