Thursday 21 November 2013

Harvest & Thanksgiving

Harvest time and its’ heavenly counterpart, a harvest moon, has come to mean something we usually only apply to farmers, land owners and gardeners. So, whenever we think of harvest we tend to think of crops, growing vegetables in the back garden and all those people with dirt under their fingernails.

Of course, harvest is all of that and much more when it comes to planting and growing things, especially our food and the many wonderful late summer goodies we can find in the hedgerows such as berries and sloes.

But, there is another side to this harvest issue which many of us are aware of and apart of, without always seeing the similar processes as they play out in our lives. Many things in our day-to-day existence come to be because of this natural pattern of planting, growing and harvesting.

For instance, when we have an idea or a wish – sometimes we take this desire to the next level, creating a plan or taking some kind of action. For those who are persistent and determined, the wish, the plan and these actions eventually take shape and come into form.

So, when I look up this word harvest to have a peek at it’s roots, I see the standard meanings related to gathering crops….but then I also a deeper meaning using words such as ‘the result or consequence of actions, processes and events’. 

That’s what I am looking for here….

This is the time of year when we are reaping all we have sown over these past few months (and perhaps far beyond that). It can be the culmination and coming together of some of our wishes, hopes and dreams – at least the ones we have taken specific action on, making every effort to grow them into this physical reality.

I have long been a dreamer – I dream profusely at night and during the day it seems (or so they tell me!)….in times past this would have slowed me down because I wasn’t always connecting this dream state into my world with doing. 

It appears this can only be done with consistent, persistent and carefully thought out actions….who knew? (smile)

Once I had read enough, heard enough and was frustrated enough (LOL) with many of these wishes not amounting into anything worthwhile, I started to see that when I took specific actions….well, there were usually consequences!

And sometimes…..those results ended up being the ones I was looking for. 

As the years have flown by, I have become far more intuitive in my approach to my dreaming as well as more grounded in my body and life. Each of these situations helps us to manifest more of our dreams – creating our reality as we go….

A harvest moon is about far more then just vegetables, fruits and the bounty from our gardens….it could be about careful planning, big dreaming and taking chances throughout the year. 

Sometimes when we plant an idea….a garden springs up around it and that dream, this wish, becomes our life. And I am so very thankful for that.

April
Trevor and Dara with her eyes closed! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment