Wednesday 11 July 2012

Don't Delay....Your Destiny Awaits!

I remember those days when several trains of thought would be going through my mind at the same time - that I wanted to get healthy, fit, trim etc. and stay that way. However, I would think that there was one more function, one more party, my next birthday or some other milestone/event/thing/person that I was waiting for or held back the start date in some way.

Of course, then another birthday would roll around and I would not be in the shape that I wanted to be in and I would be angry/disappointed/upset with myself all day because I was not able to wear the clothes I wanted to wear or feel as good as I knew that I could feel.

What a cycle I was caught up in, it was madness - and for the life of me I really thought that I could not get myself out of it. I know that I was long at the place where I thought that in order to have the health and weight that I dreamed of, it would be a vicious struggle that I was no longer certain I could win. 

And I know that there are so many people who think and feel the same way, keep putting it off until some other time. Waiting for next week, next month, next year. And for what? To spend another full year unhealthy, unhappy, heavy and full of toxins and inflammation...not much to look forward to on that end is is?

You know, the only way to get things moving is to get moving. And then I can still hear someone say, but what if it's the wrong move? So what if it is? Any movement in the direction you wish to go will be positive in the end, no matter what it is at the beginning. 

It is often the smallest things and the littlest details that hold us back in life - they are seemingly the hardest to overcome. For example, I used to put off exercise thinking that I would have to go to the gym for an hour and do this big workout. Now? I use the 5 or 10 minutes that I have, right where I am (skipping rope, rebounder, free weights) and feel better in body, mind and spirit by the end of the day.

There is really no excuse. Do not wait for someone else, this is your journey. Do not delay your weight loss or health goals - your destiny awaits!

Start this next part of your journey inwards today,

April



Glandore Harbour Sailing!

No comments:

Post a Comment