Sunday 22 July 2012

Looking For Love

As you may know already, I am on day 8 of a 10 day Master Cleanse which I started with the firm intention of removing blocks, breaking down walls and navigating my way around obstacles that were generally holding me back from living my dreams.

Here I am breaking down these walls around my heart and all I am thinking of is love - of course for me, I always start a query by looking it up - love is an emotion of strong affection and personal attachment that you feel for another person. Ok. But, that doesn't fill in all of the blanks for me yet. 

What else is love? What does it mean to me and why do I curl up and move away from people who throw this word around so easily? I write in one of my books that there must be different levels or degrees of love - because I can hear this word and want to run or 'feel' it and want to stay.

So, love must be far more than just an emotion, or a word and even an action. If love is what you do, who you are, the things you are passionate about and your inner soul/heart/being all wrapped up into one package - why are so many people afraid of it?

I am not entirely sure that I will be able to explain this but I will give it a try. From my observations, love is a force and not just any force it is THE central force of the Universe. Being a force it is strong, deliberate and certain. When I look up the word force I find - 

~ force is any influence that causes an object (insert person here) to undergo a certain change in movement, direction or structure

When we allow those words and meaning to sink in a little, it makes sense that being around 'love' or witnessing the power and strength (force) of love can be quite unnerving for many people because that is pretty awesome stuff.

Love then is an emotion or state of being and place inside of us, once we re-gain our inner spaces, where this force resides. To be perfectly honest, I am surrounded by love, and I do many of the things that I love to do, however, it has taken multiple cleanses, years of detox and walking a spiritual journey to take me just to the door of love inside of myself.

When I make connections to all else that I am doing in my life, these facts inform me of something vitally important here - that the food we eat, the water we drink, the people we spend time with, the work we do and the lives we have been living - have all conspired to push us as far away from the power of love as possible.

If our physical bodies are filled with fear (from television, radio, food, medication, unhappy relationships, dead end jobs etc.) then there is no room left for love. Or, love is pushed and squeezed into tiny far reaching corners of our beings, cut off and disconnected from our energy flow. 

Most of us live this way, experience our entire lifetimes missing out on the key element that makes us unique and gives our human species unlimited potential. Love is a force which is an energy drive or source of power. And we don't even know that we have it. 

Living the way we are living, burying ourselves in layers of debris and toxins, digging these holes and falling into patterns that keep us trapped and held back... it is no wonder that so many are frustrated, tired and angry with life and just want things to change. You, however are the only one that can decide to do the work that it takes to create the changes that you want in your life.

May the force be with you,

April



Schull by the harbour

No comments:

Post a Comment