Saturday 14 July 2012

You Can't Get There From Here....

'You Can't Get There From Here' is the title of my book about the place I was in, where I came from and how much I had to change in order to get onto the road I wanted to be on. I used those specific words in the title because that is exactly how I felt and saw it at the time - the way I was living, the people around me, the food I was eating and each of the things that I was not doing that I 'knew' I should have been doing - made sure that I was going no where.

Where ever I was, that place I was in, there was no way on earth I was going to grow, learn, develop or deepen my experience here on this journey if I kept going around in the same circles. I simply could not get to where I wanted to go from there. 

There were changes that I had to make.

Every day I meet people who are frustrated, tired, sick and tired of being sick and tired. Yet, when we talk about making some basic changes or looking at things a little differently one of the immediate responses is 'I can't do that' or 'I don't know if I want to make that much of a difference in my life'.

Usually by this time I am already thinking - well, through living, eating and drinking poorly, being around negative people and situations, having chronic stress and so forth - this is how you have become sick and tired and frustrated with your life. 

If you really want to stay there, great, carry on, because that is where you are going to remain. However, some simple changes to how you approach food, water and exercise can make such a difference to how you feel and ultimately live. 

Each one of us has a choice, we have destiny and a purpose in this place, but, when you are sick, tired and unfit there is no way that you are living your potential. If you are still drinking and eating rubbish, thinking that you can lead a spiritual existence and do as you please - you cannot get to where you want to go from such a place.

Your body is an energetic vessel with dimensions that co-exist in time and space. You must clean up your vehicle or you risk becoming just another piece of space junk floating around out there, with no purpose and on no particular path.

All it takes is one step forward to find the road....

Have a nice day,

April

No comments:

Post a Comment